Just had an hour chat (if not more) with my dad. I learnt so much about his life; from his very first career up till now. I must say that he is someone with great foresight and he always put people first before him. I guess the latter applies to me as well, now i know whose genes i got it from. Anyway, i was really in awe by what he did. He is so capable, drawing a salary of <$6k by the time he was 27. He's really my role model. There's so much i took away just from that very chat.
Indeed God is a good God. He has been blessing my family ever since then and he still is now. I'm so grateful to be born into this family, to have such great parents who wont spare the rod and expose me to the world earlier, teaching me from there and letting me gain experiences along the way.
This has made me much more motivated to want to do well. I really want to faster grow up and support my parents. They have been working so hard for half of their lives, its time i take the responsibility. Grow up ger. Grow up. Stop behaving like a kid, be more mature. Be sharp. Be wiser. Don't be a fool. Don't be so quick to speak, learn to listen. Be more street-smart. Stop being so blur pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I really love my dad alot. He encouraged me to go overseas, even though i know it will financially be a burden because i still have 3 more siblings. Nonetheless he assures me that everything will be okay, and i need not worry about anything. That was what i really needed to hear at that exact point of time, and it touched me so deeply.
He is the perfect gentleman in this world. He's the best dad and husband anyone can have.
I dont know why but as i'm doing up this post, tears just swell up my eyes and i'm feeling so overwhelmed. My dad has indeed gone through alot. alot to bring up and sustain this wonderful family.
I really want to make him proud of me. Now i know what i really want. I will no longer base my decision on someone else. I shall live for myself and not for others. I shall build my faith and trust on myself, and not needing to depend on anyone. I must learn to be independent.
A post that expresses my most inner thoughts. Probably the most vulnerable post ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment